Friday, January 09, 2009



YAY!! T was issued her Certificate of Citizenship!! She is now officially an American Citizen and I am done with paperwork! Woot!

It took us 2 1/2 hours to drive downtown to Immigration in the snow, during rush hour. I paid $12 to park and literally spent 10 minutes inside Immigration. Piece of cake.

We celebrated with brunch at Toast and then picked up 5 tons of Ethiopian food for our celebratory dinner tonight :)

*edit- I actually just sat down and looked at the certificate and it seems that she became a citizen on November 4, 2008. The day President Obama was elected. I thought that was pretty cool :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

OHHH Nov. 4th!!! How cool! Congratulations!

jayme said...

Wow, that date is totally amazing! Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything went smoothly, though saying goodbye to the greencard must have been bittersweet.

We'll have to celebrate soon!

Anonymous said...

What great news! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

zoomdog! said...

CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!!!!! How freaking awesome and how great is that date??!!??!!
And on a lighter note -- totally cracking up about your bookshelf filled with Twilight tomes...