Saturday, March 07, 2009

Big Changes

As we are fast approaching the BIG 0-2, some big changes have started in our house. First, Ryan & I trekked to IKEA to purchase a big girl bed for T. We thought we would just convert her crib to a toddler bed but the "converter"kit is $89 (gasp!) The bed at IKEA was less. We went with the bed. We haven't put it together yet. Ryan needs to anchor all of the hazards in her room to the wall...and frankly, I am a little scared of having an unconfined child ;)

The second big change is the potty. I hadn't planned on really potty training her until spring/summer but she has apparently decided that it is time. She goes multiple times a day, of course we still have accidents and she has NO desire to poop in the potty, but she is doing great! Apparently, M & M's (or M's, as she calls them) are a HUGE motivator. Last night, she made 4 trips to the potty and managed to squeak out 4 little dribbles, just for M's :) I have a feeling that this 1 M&M per productive potty visit is going to backfire on me.

Here are some recent photos of T "doin' work"!
And enjoying an ice cold sippy cup of water....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Go T! That is awesome. We're trying to figure out what to do about D's sleeping situation with S on the way sooner than we thought. I'm thinking 17 months is too young for a big boy bed, but I'll be interested in seeing how T does!

Anonymous said...

It's is lovely to see you enjoying your little girly so much.

Now that being said, the loyal reader that I am is not ready for her to move into a big girl bed and be potty trained. I'm still trying to grasp the fact that she is going to be two!!!