Monday, August 17, 2009

2 years ago....


Two years ago today we were on a very long flight to Ethiopia. I remember thinking that I should try to sleep since I would probably never sleep again, but was too excited watching the little airplane move across the screen...getting closer and closer to Africa. I remember how excited I was when the plane landed in Rome to refuel since that meant we were so close. I remember the sun rising somewhere over Africa...

-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Stacy said...

watching the little airplane move across the screen was both entertaining and painful, the slow slow progression ... the feeling that you had looked away for a long time and when you look back it was still in the middle of the ocean but OHHHH when Egypt came into view, THAT was exciting!

Stacie said...

Ah... that little airplane! And, sleep? No way! I read the entire 7th book of Harry Potter (and drank some wine - thankyouverymuch Ethiopian Air for being sold out of economy class. :)