Monday, February 02, 2009

Snack Attack!

We have a serious snacking problem in this house. By "we" I mean T.
It is out of control. That girl would seriously eat an entire box of fruit snacks if I let her. All day, it's "Snack? Snack? Snack? Snack?"
She drags me over to the cabinet, literally places my hand on the knob.
Snacks?

Well, we may have a solution (THANKS Megan!)

Behold! The Snack Stash!




She has her very own drawer dedicated to snacks!

She can help herself to snacks ALL day long. All by herself!

Here's the catch....each day I will put a set amount of snacks in the drawer. When the drawer is empty, no more snacks. When the fruit snacks are gone, she can have something else. When the cheerios are gone, maybe a banana will do.
I am prepared for the tantrums that I am certain will happen the first few days when she eats 3 bags of fruit snacks in a sitting and then realizes that there are no more. I know it's gonna get ugly, but I hope this breaks our fruity addiction and I don't have to spend all day listening to "Snacks? Snacks? Snacks?"

2 comments:

Whitney Smith said...

That's a great idea! I wish you luck that it works out alright (with minimal temper tantrums)!

Christina said...

That's a great idea! If only D were old enough to implement this. Instead of snack,snack,snack all day long, I hear 'na?'na?'na? all day long :).