As I type this I have said the words "back in bed" about 15 times and escorted a little someone back to their bed as many times.
The "big girl" bed is not going well.
At all.
What use to be a 5-10 min routine took 2 hours last night and the night before, with a 4 am wake-up thrown in as well. Needless to say, we are all quite sleep deprived and crabby.
Please tell me this gets easier???
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
it does...
oh, except for last night when BOTH kids ended up in our bed for the first time ever.
but, it does get better.
So, D and Tiny are making the transition together, eh? I wish I had some words of advice. Maybe a sticker chart would work? So every morning that she didn't get out of bed the night before, she gets a sticker, with a reward for a full page (or something). With D, he doesn't get out of the bed. Last night was a good night, but he has been waking up once every hour. I'm exhausted, so I know how you feel. Good luck! Let me know what you find that works! :) Oh, one more thing - maybe you could bribe her with this cool nightlight? We have one for D and he loves it: http://www.amazon.com/MOBI-70175-TykeLight-Portable-GloMate/dp/B001HKPHYQ/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1238587250&sr=8-1
It does get easier. I have transitioned two boys to big kid beds now. I transitioned the youngest a few weeks ago. I found him sleeping in the toybox one night but mostly he has gotten much better about it. Hang in there. She will get it!
maybe she needs more time in the crib? My 24 mos old neiece is still in her crib. Just makes everything easier for her mom & dad.
dude. that transition isn't the greatest. do you still have a pack & play? maybe you could have that set up in her room & give her a choice. if she gets out of bed she has to go into the pack & play. Do you have one of those child proof door knob covers? that way she can't make the break out of her room & would have to stay in there.
She likes the bed, in fact, she loves it...except for sleeping. I asked her if she wanted her crib back and she freaked out so I think this is something we are just going to have to get through. Last night was better, we shaved about 20 min off bedtime. She isn't scared anymore, just being a pain in the tush. Sarah, I thought about those knob covers but she can open them...she will not be contained!
Bring back the crib and bring back your sleep! I kept my (now 5 year old) daughter in the crib until she was three. . .she's now five and goes to bed without as much as a nightlight. How early you get them in that big bed doesn't matter a bit in the big picture.
Post a Comment