Tuesday, May 20, 2008

She's so.........alert.

Twice in one day someone said this to me about Tiny.

Both instances occurred while waiting in line, both times the words were uttered by older women.

What the heck?

Yes, dear older woman in line at Borders and yes, dear older woman in line at PetSmart I understand that you were probably shocked when you realized that my child didn't "match" me but couldn't you just say "She's so cute, beautiful, whatever" instead of "She's so (long uncomfortable pause) alert"?

It just sounds weird.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't understand what that would mean? Were you at these stores in the middle of the night? Very odd.

Tiny's Mom said...

I know, I thought it was bizarre the 1st time but then I heard it AGAIN! All I could think of to say was "Yes, yes she is very alert isn't she".
WTF?

zoomdog! said...

Ha ha LOL I get this all the time Mahoney!!
However -- since no one knows WTF he "is" I enjoy their puzzlement too much to pass up the opportunity...usually I will compound their befuddled state by adding something like, "Yes, his name is Ayize. Oh, what is it? Well it's Zulu of course." And then walk away!!
BTW I got the "he's so alert" from my corner neighbor three hours ago walking to the library LMAO!!!!!