So, the other night the faucet in our tub randomly shot off the wall.
Into the tub.
During "tubby time".
Tiny didn't seem bothered, just a little spooked. It didn't hit her but made quite a splash and water continued to shoot out of the pipe. Very dramatic.
During this same tubby time, someone and I won't name names, had a bit of an accident in the tub. An accident involving poop.
This was way more frightening and horrific than the faucet incident and T clawed her way out of the tub and up me, screaming.
Well, now we won't take a bath. It is a huge fight with tears and everything and I feel really bad because she is constantly looking around in the tub as if a giant faucet or turd is coming to get her.
Last night she took a shower with me in the other bathroom and was totally fine.
Any suggestions? Or is tubby time doomed forever?
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Just ride it out. All my three, at the same time of course, went through a phase of dreaded tubby time (tubby time, funny!) complete with screams, claws, and lack of landing gear. And I got to admit, I don't demand very regular or frequent tubby times at that. Now they really seem to enjoy it again and even ask for it sometimes.
I can only suggest getting in with her. It did help for us. That and showers where they had control of the shower wand.
Oh dear. No advice, since Aiden still loves his tubby time. Maybe letting her check out the water before hand or introducing some new toys as rewards when she gets in? And is it okay that I laughed just a *little* bit? :)
Is it wrong that I laughed really hard at that story?? I don't mean to minimize how scared it made poor T. but it was funny. I would stick with the showers for awhile & then maybe get some cool new toys for the tub to lure her back in.
It is pretty funny-I was laughing when it happened!
That's a good idea, we'll grab some new tub toys and maybe try the upstairs tub tonight. If that doesn't work, I guess it's showers for us all week.
I totally agree with Cindy's comment above. Just ride it out. If she loved baths before then most likely she love them again in that tub...sometime in the future. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by offering her other options until she is okay with the scary tub again. :)
Micah had a turd in his bath yesterday too! It scared me (as it often does - sometimes he poops on the floor during naked time) and then he clawed on me to get out too. It is funny looking back on it.
I was going to suggest getting in with her too - maybe that + toys will do the trick.
OK. My kid must be screwed up. He was never phased by explod-o-poops in the tub. He just kept playing merrily along, splashing in the giant self-made sewage pond.
I think you should be grateful your child has a normal fear/anxiety about fecal baths...cuz my didn't!!!
Post a Comment