
Elmo? Really? Personally, Grover has always been my favorite...Elmo, not so much. I don't hate him....I just don't particularly enjoy him.
So, you can imagine my dismay when he appeared on the TV (as he always does) when we take a trip to Sesame Street and T yelled "ELMO! ELMO! ELMO!" and proceeded to "hug" the TV.
Who teaches them these things?
I always ignore Elmo when he is on, always careful not to draw any attention to him, and I always play up the other characters, such as my friend Grover.
So, how come when we swung by the store to pick up diapers "someone" again started yelling his
name? She had spotted a pair of slippers in his likeness.
And when we got home and she was in the bathroom washing her hands, "ELMO!".
I guess I failed to notice that he and others were on her toothbrush.
It's as if she's become an Elmo addict overnight!
I am holding my ground, no Elmo is to intentionally enter our house:)


4 comments:
I was going to write a post just like this! Elmo drives me crazy! The Elmo's World song makes me insane! Why do kids like him!
Is Elmo easier to say than Grover? Just a thought...
I'm actually instituting an Elmo ban in our household. There shall be no Sesame Street in an attempt to stave off same. Elmo creeps me out :).
Thanks for the book suggestions on your sidebar! I come and visit your site often (I don't always comment) but love reading about your adventures! Peace! -Liza
There must be something about a furry red monster that draws in the toddlers. It is weird how they all react to him. I was anti-Elmo until Elmo's voice-guy was on "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" on NPR - he was very funny and since then I've been okay with Elmo. (But he still drives me crazy.)
And, I too love Grover. Did you love the book about the monster at the end of the book when you were a kid too? It was my favorite book ever. That and Leo the Lop. (I have no idea why I'm sharing so much - perhaps I should lay off the wine now.)
Post a Comment