Thursday, January 28, 2010

Off the wagon

I've been sooooooo good about not spending any money. Soooooo good. But I slipped off the wagon twice. A tiny slip.
The first time was last week-I took T to the dentist and she was a total super star. Afterwards she asked for a Starbucks....I caved.
She enjoyed a vanilla steamed milk and I enjoyed...nothing :) That's right, nothing. I was good and didn't get myself anything because I have coffee at home :)

The 2nd time was on Tuesday. It was late, we were exhausted...ok, I was exhausted. The thought of making dinner was making me even more exhausted. McRib is back for a limited time.....You see where this is going.

With 30 days of nothing coming to a close I feel good. I surprised myself. I think this is something that has really changed the way I view what I "need" vs. what I "want".

We also donated some cash to Oxfam and the Red Cross to help with relief efforts in Haiti.
As a result of this little study of my willpower, we were able to donate more than we would have been ;)

2 comments:

jayme said...

It's really been a powerful experience, hasn't it? We definitely need to get together soon. Izzie was inconsolable the other day because "it's taking forever and ages for Nora to come over and play!"

M and M said...

so my little trite comment is, "aren't you glad you've got a wagon?" I, too, fell off twice. Both were on a Thursday night which I have now really learned is the night I'm ready to fall apart. The lesson is that I can now expect Thursday night limb numbing fatigue and do a better job of making Thurs. a success. (I texted my husband and had him bring home carryout - he didn't object in either situation!). I think you did a great job and I enjoyed reading about it on your blog. I'm gearing up to write my "wrap up" too.