
On Monday we went to the children's museum because the weather was so crummy and on our way home we were broadsided by a very old couple in a very large Mercedes....going very slow.
I saw it happening but couldn't do anything. This woman was like 90 yrs old and was sitting at a red light. We were just crossing the intersection (slowly because of construction traffic) and I see the woman start to pull out, stop and then continue to slowly roll into us! Our light was still green and hers was still very red. She basically tapped us-thank God because it was on T's side just behind her door. No damage except a tiny scrape on my wheel and thankfully, no injuries. The woman was a huge pain in my ass but I was on my best behavior and was nice.
Fast forward to yesterday. We are at Caribou with friends, I am enjoying my pumpkin latte and T is enjoying some banana bread & playing with toys. Suddenly, she decides it's time to leave and heads for the door. I get up, grab onto her hand & we start to walk back to our seat. She walks about 1/2 way with me & then decides she's not going any further. She proceeds to throw herself to the ground and I'm still holding her hand.....yup, dislocated elbow...again. This time I knew what it was so I didn't panic. We headed over to the doctor and he fixed her right up. While we were there, a nurse that I had never seen before kept commenting on how cute T is. Yes, she is cute and a comment or 2 is fine but this woman wouldn't stop!
It started with "Are you the mother?" to which I responded "Yes, I am THE mother" and went on to "she's so cute", "oh my, look how cute!", "She has such cute hair!", "Oh my God, I can't believe how cute!". And on and on and on. All this while my child is screaming in pain.
Seriously?!


1 comment:
Between 90 year old bad drivers, dislocated elbowsy, and obnoxious nurses, you have had some touch days! Hope you guys have a good weekend! BTW, I think it is INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL that you guys saw Michelle Obama speak. What a woman!
Post a Comment