Today it happened in the shower, brought me to tears, almost to my knees.
The thought. The need. The urgency to go back to Ethiopia. I have to go back. I want to go back. Soon.


I feel like if I don't go back then I will forget. I will forget the smells, the sounds, the people, the emotion.
I don't want to forget.
Ever.



5 comments:
I hear ya! So, are you wanting to visit or visit and adopt?
I hope we are going back this year for our 2nd adoption, but I long to go after that occasionally (if not for another adoption!)
I cannot wait!
Right now I just want to go back and experience Ethiopia clearly, not in the haze of "holy s#%*^! I can't believe I'm a mom!"
Mom's need to plan a trip - so many of us are thinking what you just described and lots and lots of us have interesting ways we'd experience ET again (I think my husband is going to do some teaching there in June at AAU! Can you freakin' believe that cool news?)
Can't wait to go too......
I was so anxious to get home while I was there (and totally shell-shocked) that I swore I would never go back. That feeling lasted about 2 weeks. Now, 2 years later, I ache to go back more than I ever imagined. So many sights unseen, questions unanswered, I left most of my heart in Ethiopia. The rest of it is here with Mari but I long to go back and put all the pieces back together.
Post a Comment